VA Home Loans
What is a VA Home Loan?
We proudly offer loan products that meet the home financing needs of active-duty military and veterans. VA home loan programs help veterans finance the purchase of homes with favorable loan terms and at an interest rate typically lower than rates charged on other types of mortgages.
What are the benefits of a VA Home Loan?
VA Home Loans offer the following features:
- No down payment required (provided the veteran is income- and credit-qualified and the purchase price is more than the reasonable value of the property).
- Buyer informed of property’s reasonable value.
- Negotiable interest rate.
- Ability to finance the VA funding fee (plus reduced funding fees with a down payment of at least 5% and exemption for veterans receiving VA compensation).
- Comparable closing costs with other financing types (or may be lower).
- No mortgage insurance required.
- Gifts and seller contributions accepted toward closing costs.
- An assumable mortgage (with the approval of the VA).
- Right to prepay without penalty.
- VA assistance to veteran home buyers in default due to temporary financial difficulty.
Who may benefit from a VA Home Loan?
VA Home Loans are made to eligible veterans (who were honorably discharged) for the purchase of a home for personal occupancy. For VA housing loan purposes, the term “veteran” includes certain members of the Selected Reserve, active-duty service personnel, and certain categories of spouses.
For more information
Contact us today to see if a VA Home Loan is the right solution for you. We take pride in delivering value and savings to the men and women who serve our country.